Monday 28 January 2008

Weekend with Connie in Athens

I just came back from visiting my pregnant cousin Connie in Athens. She knows what sex her baby is, and she and Antoni have even named him! Wow, that's efficient! ;)

It was wonderful to spend some quality 1-on-1 time with Con. We grew up as close as sisters, until her family moved to Greece when we were nine. The time I've spent with her since I moved to London has been great, but not very private, with few opportunities to be alone. This time, we finally did it, and caught up on love, life and the Universe, and affirmed that we are indeed a different generation from our parents.

I look forward to my next weekend in Greece when I will be a 2nd cousin once removed (or something to that effect)!!

Oh, and a visit to Greece wouldn't be right without a mention of food - managed to have a very tasty galaktoboureko from the best cake shop in Kifisia - fresh out of the oven! Yum!

No comments: