Wednesday 16 January 2008

Angry!!

I have been searching high and low for a sculpture course in London that is reasonably priced, aimed at beginners, located conveniently and run outside of business hours. It's taken me weeks, but I finally found a great-sounding course this morning. It's run on Saturdays by CityLit at a reasonable price and it's fairly easy for me to get to. And being run on a Saturday, I don't have to worry about skipping out of work early or getting home late. But, get this, I have to pay double the price because I haven't been a permanent UK resident for 3 years!!! It's a Government-funded school, you see. It doesn't matter that I have been working for this country for the last 2 1/2 years, have an EU passport, pay council tax and make donations to UK-based organisations. Can you believe it?!

This sucks the big one! Up yours to the UK Government for their stupid unfair stipulations!

Anyone know any good teach yourself sculpture books?

Grrrrrrr....

No comments: