Wednesday 16 January 2008

Heroes

On a less aggressive note, Ben and I have just started watching Heroes. A bit late, I know, but we had to get through the Firefly series (including the Serenity movie) before we allowed ourselves to start watching this new series which already has a cult following. It combines three of my favourite movie/TV show themes - special effects, genetic aberrations and serial killers. Oops, have I given something away? :) I didn't think this show was going to be as dark as it is... I thought it would be slightly more cheesy blockbuster action. Fortunately it's not. It's very well written and as SFX says, the first 3 episodes have the most brilliant cliffhanger endings. (We're up to the 4th episode). This series gets a major thumbs up in my book.

2 comments:

Hardy Ferentschik said...

I was hooked to this show as well, but (no spoiler) the ending is rather disappointing. I actually never started to watch the second season. I am interested what you say after watching the full season.

Mimi said...

Ok, Hardy, will keep you posted!