Tuesday 5 February 2008

10 years in UX

This morning I realised, with a start, that I'll have been working in usability/user experience for 10 years come September. Ten years!! That's such a long time! I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, there's a sense of pride - I've come a long way in that time. I'm light years away from the green post-grad who donned corporate wear for IBM GSA back in '98. On the other hand, part of me is thinking I should broaden my playing field, have a career change, do something else with my life. But as ever, I'm kind of stumped as to what my next move should be, as it could be in any number of directions! Plus work has started getting quite interesting over the last six months, and promises to continue being interesting. So, the 'big move' is probably going to go on the back burner for a while. Again. But ten years... that's enough to scare anyone out of their comfort zone...

No comments: