Tuesday 11 November 2008

Everyone has a story

Almost everyone I speak to about Ben's condition has a similar story to tell about a friend or a relative. When I first started talking to people, this came as a shock. Now, after having spoken with loads of people, and hearing loads of stories, I am very saddened. Why so many? And why aren't we hearing about this - from the medical industry, from the media? There's always some article about what may or may not cause cancer, but I have heard nothing about the sheer volume of cases. I am really appalled that cancer is so rife. Why? Is it something about modern living? All the decisions we make about what to eat, drink, wear, breathe and surround ourselves with in our homes? Or does it go deeper than that? Is it more about relationships and expression of emotion, deep-seated feelings from the past not dealt with or let go? I really wonder...

There are just so so many stories, so many people in pain. It seems so wrong.

No comments: