Tuesday 11 December 2007

Counting the days!

It is now 4 days till we take off for Melbourne! I can't decide what I'm looking forward to the most - spending Christmas with my clan, catching up with friends, showing Ben 'my' Melbourne, seeing the Myer Christmas windows, having a summery and BBQ-themed festive season, or eating food that's full of flavour.

I still have my head buried in this project, and won't be surfacing till the last minute on Friday. Haven't even thought about packing, but I am determined not to take much, and do lots of shopping to bring back instead - the pound to Aussie dollar exchange rate is still sweet! I also need to write a few Christmas cards for people over here (I've succumbed... the guilt is too great) before I go.

I'm very excited... I can't wait! :)

5 comments:

Ben Turner said...

Yes, let us take our mightly Sterling and buy some boomerangs at LOW LOW PRICES !!!

Mimi said...

To put this in context, this is coming from a man who uses 'wazchucka', 'chuzwazza' and 'flaming galah' in everyday conversation for my benefit and thinks it's funny.

:P

Phill said...

But, but... I'm going to Svetlanaland on the 20th and we're going to pop over to London sometime in January and you're my only contact...

Mimi said...

We'll be back on the 5th of Jan... we might just make it.. would be great to see the two of you!

Phill said...

Phew, that was close.

I doubt that I'll have recovered from the Croatian Xmas feast before then so I'd say we'll be aiming for mid to late Jan.

I'll try to keep you posted.